Job Title : Apprentice Community Enabler
Employer : KeyRing
Location : London, London, SE16 2XB
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Business
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00580
Brief Description : Provide support to KeyRing service members in an enabling way so that people can take control of their lives and develop, use, and share their skills and talents through a programme of Hub and drop-in services.
Qualifications Required : A-C Maths and English at GCSE or equivakent - Functional Skills
Vacancy Detail : Key Tasks
• With guidance, take a leading role in facilitating the organisation, development and expansion of drop-in and Hub services across Croydon
• Support people to make links to organisations and services in their local community.
• With guidance, provide direct assistance in accordance with people’s support plans, respecting their preferences and taking steps to preserve their dignity. Help service members to find solutions to the problems they face, including mutual support and community based support. Assist them to find and use relevant information, advice and guidance to make informed choices and decisions.
• Learn to coach people to develop new skills and recognise and use their talents, as well as supporting them to meet other people with shared interests and ideas. Where appropriate, access services and agencies necessary for the wellbeing of the individual.
• Work collaboratively with the staff team in the delivery of the service in a professional manner, keep good records, communicate effectively and share information as appropriate.
• Encourage and support service members to understand and use their rights, and to meet their responsibilities and obligations as citizens.
• Understand safeguarding and ensure safeguarding procedures are adhered to.
1. To adhere to the relevant quality standards
2. To actively promote the equalities and diversity agenda in the workplace and in service delivery
3. To adhere to KeyRing policies and financial guidelines / regulations, including customer care, health and safety, data protection, data management and information security
4. To participate in self-improvement in performance through workplace development
5. Undertake any additional duties commensurate with the grade of the post
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm 35hrs pw
Salary : £228.80 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 05/06/2019
Possible Start Date : 19/06/2019
Personal Qualities : Able to work in a customer facing environment and deal with enquiries either face to face, over the telephone or in writing and deliver a polite, courteous and efficient service.
Organisational skills to complete tasks to regularly conflicting deadlines, working under pressure to reprioritise own work without direct supervision.
Teamwork skills to ensure the work is consistently completed to service quality standards, ensuring deadlines are achieved and learning opportunities are shared across the team.
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of people at various levels inside and outside the organisation
Ability to use IT applications in relation to the requirements of the post with skills in using MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Problem solving skills to identify solutions to a range of issues.
Skills Required : Experience of working with a range of administrative tools for:
• Diary management
• Organising meetings
• Document production
• Maintenance of office systems
Experience organising meetings or groups
Things to consider : Committed to personal development
Willing to complete a relevant level 2 apprenticeship programme
(Community Activator Coach)
Be punctual and have regular attendance
Work flexibly to meet the needs of the service.
Location: Community based across Croydon, with local offices in Norbury and South Croydon
The map below shows the employer's location