Job Title : Apprentice Plumbing & Heating Operative
Employer : Morgan Sindall Group
Location : London, London, EC3A 5DQ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Plumbing and Heating - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Plumbing
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00582
Brief Description : A leading UK construction and regeneration group, operating in the public and commercial sectors, through six divisions of construction and infrastructure, fit out, property services, partnership housing, urban regeneration and investments.
Qualifications Required : GCSE A-C in English and Maths or equivalent
Vacancy Detail : Property Services Overview - Morgan Sindall Property Services Provides integrated property maintenance services to both the public & private sector, with particular experience in housing and public building maintenance. We provide planned and reactive maintenance to over 200,000 domestic properties nationwide and have a significant portfolio of large-scale framework refurbishment programmes. We refurbish and modernise approximately 10,000 homes per year and complete in excess of 300,000 repairs per year.
Job Family - The Operational job family consists of roles that provide front line delivery to our Customers, such as trade’s roles, roles that measure contract performance and the management of these activities.
• Attend all required college training days in line with your apprenticeship.
• Demonstrating good interpersonal skills and cultural awareness when dealing with colleagues, customers and clients during tasks.
• Understands internal processes and apply them in working practices.
• Observe and shadow in order to learn tasks, developing the ability to work independently and to take responsibility.
• Ability to communicate and to present information clearly and concisely both verbal and written, with good attention to detail.
• Demonstrate a willingness to follow instruction and learn new tasks, taking personal responsibility for your own development.
• A positive attitude towards teamwork and able to work as part of a team.
• Excellent timekeeping skills, able to attend work and college at required times.
• Be compliant with uniform, dress code or PPE requirements for your role
• Complete all E-learning, and H&S training requirements in line with your role
• Act as an ambassador and positive role model to promote apprenticeship opportunities at community events, in line with our CSR and Social value agenda.
• Assist with diligent problem solving, resolve and complete jobs at first visit to achieve excellent customer experience results, undertaking fault-finding and diagnostic work as determined by training/within competency under supervision
• Work in conjunction with the Team to deliver a reliable service
• Be responsible for your own safety and that of others as set out in the Company H&SE Policy
• Report any accidents, incidents, near misses
• Develop an awareness of Health and Safety files and Risk and CoSHH assessments
• Ensure tools are kept in good working order
• Attend Tool Box Talks
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Salary : £181.65 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 22/07/2019
Possible Start Date : 05/08/2019
Personal Qualities : Communication Skills
Skills Required : Must hold a CSCS Card
Must have Level 2 NVQ in Plumbing
Training to be Provided : This qualification is made up of:
• NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Domestic Plumbing and Heating
• Functional Skills in English at Level 2
• Functional Skills in Mathematics at Level 2
• Functional Skills in ICT at Level 1
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
The map below shows the employer's location