Job Title : Apprentice Chef
Employer : The Bull Inn Limpsfield
Location : Oxted, London, RH8 0DR
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Chef de partie - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Hospitality Services
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00592
Brief Description : Enterprising Limpsfield Ltd is a new sustainable business, operating from The Bull Inn, and spearheaded by a like-minded community group.
Qualifications Required : A-C in Maths and English or the equivalent
Vacancy Detail : Enterprising Limpsfield Ltd is a new sustainable business, operating from The Bull Inn, and spearheaded by a like-minded community group. We are a passionate and energetic bunch and share a vision to breathe new life into this much-loved, historic building and to shape the future ‘pub’ experience by creating a unique destination.
You will be working closely with the Chefs in the kitchen and reporting to the Head Chef.
• Food preparation and service
• Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
• Contribute to reviewing and refreshing menus in line with business and customer requirements
• To store, prepare and cook ingredients to maintain quality, in line with food safety legislation
• Identify the personal hygiene standards, food safety practices and procedures required, understand the importance of following them and consequences of failing to meet them
• To understand the basic costings of dishes and follow instruction to maintain targets and eliminate waste
• Support other members of the team, to include both front and back of house
• Know how to undertake set up, preparation and cleaning tasks to standard whilst working in a challenging, time- bound environment
• Identify correct ingredients and portion sizes for each dish in line with recipe specifications
• Identify the principles of basic food preparation and cooking; taste; allergens; diet and nutrition
• Identify traditional cuts of; and basic preparation methods for, meat, poultry, fish and vegetables
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : You will be required to work 40 hours per week (shift work)
Application Deadline Date : 27/05/2020
Possible Start Date : 10/04/2020
Skills Required : Purpose of the role:
• To learn a broad range of skills and techniques, within a busy kitchen environment, which is supplemented with day release to college.
• To help you achieve your qualification while working with a talented and enthusiastic team.
Personal Qualities and Skills Required
• A team player, energetic and eager to learn new skills
• A good listener, and adaptable
• Cool under pressure in a busy kitchen
• Essential to have a positive "can do" attitude and great attention to detail.
Future Prospects : Potential full time position on completion of the Apprenticeship.
Things to consider : Up to £6.50 per hour plus a percentage of tips
The map below shows the employer's location