Job Title : Junior UAV Pilot Apprentice
Employer : King Fisher Aps
Location : Croydon, London, CR0 4RR
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Business
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00597
Brief Description : Founded in 2013 Kingfisher APS are an established UAV company specialising in visual surveys and creative corporate media for
the built environment.
Qualifications Required : A-C Maths and English or equivalent Functional Skills
Vacancy Detail : This is a unique opportunity for the right person to join an up and coming company and become a vital part of it's continued growth.
You will be need to be interested in working in the UAV industry and have a willingness to learn new skills.
You will be required to work well under pressure and be self motivated to help deliver the expected continued high level of output
our clients have come to expect.
• Operate as support to the Senior pilot in command of unmanned aircraft
• Assist with pre-flight planning and risk analysis
• Assist with post flight data management and operational paperwork
• Help manage and undertake the maintenance and preparation of all flight equipment and aircraft
• Onsite public liaison
• Undertake Social Media on behalf of the company
All applicants must be based within a commutable distance from Croydon, Surrey or be prepared to relocate. They must be willing to
travel nationwide on a regular basis for varied lengths of time (including some weekends/bank holidays) and be permitted to work in
the UK. This job is physically demanding and involves regular outdoor work. Hours will be irregular and any contract offered will reflect
this. This will not be a 9-5 position.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Mon-Fri & occasional weekends
Salary : £157.50 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 22/07/2019
Possible Start Date : 05/08/2019
Skills Required : Ideal Candidate requirements:
• Have an interest in UAVs (flying experience is not expected but is an advantage)
• UK NQE qualification an advantage
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to operate effectively as part of a team
• Video and Photography skills
• Experience in Adobe Premiere pro and Photoshop suite or similar software
• Highly computer literate
• Have experience in social media; Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram
• Full UK Driving License not essential
Training to be Provided : "Written communication
an understanding of modern technologies
how to analyse and solve problems
building and delivering digital marketing campaigns
search marketing, search engine optimisation, and email marketing
Apprentices will achieve:
Principles of Coding (knowledge module 1)
Marketing Principles (knowledge module 2)
Digital Marketing Business Principles (knowledge module 3)
Apprentices must also take one internationally recognised vendor or professional qualification set out in the apprenticeship standard. This will exempt them from one of the knowledge modules.
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)."
The map below shows the employer's location