Job Title : Reception/Membership Coordinator Apprentice
Employer : Legacy Youth Zone
Location : London, CR0 2LG
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Business and Administration - Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Business
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00598
Brief Description : Croydon Youth Zone, named by young people as ‘Legacy’, will be a purpose-built facility for the borough’s young people aged 8 – 19, and up to 25 for those with disabilities.
Qualifications Required : GCSE A-C in English and Maths or equivalent
Vacancy Detail : Job Purpose
A vital front of house role, the reception is the first point of contact for Youth Zone members and their parents. A welcoming and professional team, who are also positive about young people, will ensure the Youth Zone will function to its maximum potential. Working during the Youth Zone sessions, you are responsible first of all for giving every young person a warm welcome into Legacy Youth Zone. You will be responsible for the reception area, ensuring young people enter the session smoothly, processing new members, directing phone calls and enquiries, maintaining the membership database efficiently and carrying out regular communication.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To take responsibility for maintaining the reception area at the Youth Zone and providing a welcoming environment.
• To act as the first point of contact for Youth Zone members, staff, volunteers, suppliers, visitors and the general public.
• To ensure new members are welcomed into the Youth Zone and introduced to a member of the youth work team.
• To ensure Junior members leave sessions safely in the care of parents or guardians.
• To ensure visitors comply with health and safety requirements and child protection / safeguarding procedures, including the allocation of visitors’ badges.
• To deal with telephone enquiries, take and relay messages, screen and direct calls.
• To book Youth Zone members into sessions, enter new members on to the membership database and collect entrance fees (training will be provided for the membership database).
• To support young people with completing membership forms.
• To cash up at the end of each Youth Zone session.
• To ensure that any administration and paperwork is up to date and completed by the end of each Youth Zone session.
• To maintain the meeting room calendar for the Youth Zone.
• To keep records up to date related to attendance, trips, events and meetings.
• To support the smooth running of the Youth Zone session as required.
• To assist with any general administration and communication functions as required.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Business Administration Manager.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : From 4.5 to 35 hours per week (late afternoon, evenings and weekends)
Salary : £369.25 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 29/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 12/09/2019
Skills Required : Ability to engage with all types of people from young people, community members and colleagues to official visitors and Board Directors
Willingness to support the Youth Work team in ensuring a safe, fun and welcoming environment for all young people
Ability to diffuse pressurised situations while remaining calm and in control
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
Ability to pay attention to detail, be thorough and organised
Excellent time keeper
Knowledge of computers and relevant software such as MS Office
Knowledge of the issues which effect young people and safeguarding
Training to be Provided : This qualification is made up of:
• Level 3 Diploma in Business
• Functional Skills in English at
• Functional Skills in Mathematics
at Level 2
• Functional Skills in ICT at Level 2
• Personal Learning and Thinking
Other Information : Context of the post
Youth Zones are amazing places: accessible, vibrant, welcoming and fun. Legacy’s state-of-the-art £6.5 million building opening on Whitehorse Road, Croydon in Summer 2019 will be no different. Centrally located, it is dedicated to young people and to making a bold statement about the importance of giving young people high quality places to go in their leisure time. Legacy has big ambitions to be a flagship for quality youth provision and joins the growing OnSide network. Open 7 days a week, at weekends and during school holidays, the Youth Zone’s purpose is to help young people grow to be happy, healthy and successful adults. Youth Zones provide young people with access to a range of activities, all offering the opportunity to try new things, meet new friends and gain support from friendly, warm and positive staff and volunteers. The facilities will include a 3G pitch, a gym, sports hall and recreation area, and dance, arts, music and media suites open seven days a week, and facilities equipped for a wide range of sporting, artistic, cultural and general recreational activities and targeted services. To access a Youth Zone young people aged 8 – 19 (or up to 25 for young people with additional needs), simply pay 50p per visit and £5 per year membership.
Things to consider : Special Requirements
• This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
• Willingness to cover events, holidays and staff absence.
The map below shows the employer's location