Job Title : Digital Marketing Apprentice
Employer : Croydon College
Location : Croydon, London, CR9 1DX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Business
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00599
Brief Description : We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic Digital Marketing Apprentice to support social media campaigns and enhance the College’s online presence. The Digital Marketing Apprentice will also work closely with the wider Marketing Team
Qualifications Required : 1. 3 x GCSE’s at grades 4 or above (A-C)
2. English and Maths at grade 4 or above (min grade D)
Vacancy Detail : Main Duties
• Develop and implement digital marketing campaigns
• Support and contribute to the social media strategy across Croydon College and Coulsdon Sixth Form College for FE, HE and Apprenticeships
• Update and maintain the College’s websites
• Write and optimise content for the websites and social networking accounts such as
Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
• Track and analyse website traffic flow and provide regular feedback and recommendations for improvements
• Edit and post engaging content including images and videos to online platforms
• Create online banner adverts and oversee pay per click (PPC) ad management
• Identify new trends in digital marketing, evaluate new technologies and ensure the brand is at the forefront of industry developments, particularly developments in mobile marketing
• Work on printed material to supplement offline marketing activity
• Attend College internal and external events as required
• Assistance with paperwork and general office duties, Customer services, administration
The post holder will undertake assigned responsibilities effectively and efficiently, and within regulatory and legislative requirements; achieve individual and corporate targets within the College’s annual planning and staff performance review processes and budgetary constraints in order to create and maintain high performance of learners and the College and:
• Actively promote the values of the College: learner focus, responsibility, integrity, collaboration and respect.
• Actively promote equality and diversity, recognising and actively challenging stereotyping, prejudice and discrimination, ensuring that these principles permeate all working practices, creating an inclusive learning environment and workplace for students and staff respectively.
• Ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all aspects of this post, in keeping with the College’s existing and developing quality assurance systems.
• Be committed to professional development, through participation in the College continuing professional development programme which includes commercial upskilling, staff learning days and training events appropriate to the job role.
• Develop effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and partners as appropriate to the role.
• Comply with and promote College Safeguarding, Data Protection and Health and Safety policies and procedures and to undertake recommended training as and when necessary.
• Identify and manage risk effectively.
• Undertake such other duties as required, commensurate with the grade of the post, as may be reasonably required at the initial place of work or at other locations in the College.
• Adhere to and ensure compliance with all College Procedures and as detailed in the Staff Handbook.
• At all times seek to serve the best interests of the College.
• To provide cover for colleagues during periods of holiday or sickness absence.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Friday 9am-5pm
Salary : £188.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 05/08/2019
Possible Start Date : 19/08/2019
Skills Required : Ability to think outside of the box and push boundaries in design
Ability to research and prepare materials.
Able to manage own workload and also work effectively as part of a team.
Commitment to excellent customer service
An understanding of and commitment to data protection, equality and diversity, safeguarding and health and safety.
Future Prospects : to be discussed at the end of Apprenticeship
Things to consider : Experience -
Knowledge of current social media platforms and current trends
Understanding of / interest in web design
Experience of using a variety of IT packages
The map below shows the employer's location