Job Title : Chef De Partie ( level 3 ) apprentice
Employer : The Wheatsheaf Pub
Location : London, London, BR4 0LU
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Professional Cookery
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00634
Brief Description : Nestled amongst the beautiful stone buildings of Titchmarsh’s conservation area, The Wheatsheaf has been revitalised as a traditional village pub with dining.
Qualifications Required : GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent qualification)
Vacancy Detail : • Works with team in chef's absence.
• Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
• Organizes kitchen stock and ingredients.
• Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance.
• Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours.
• Rotates stock and creates new recipes for Daily specials.
• Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimises waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns.
• Checks all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards.
• Works with head chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities
• Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed
• Assists head chef with menu creation
• Coordinates with restaurant management team on supply ordering, budget, and kitchen efficiency and staffing
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours per week
Salary : £190.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 18/05/2020
Possible Start Date : 01/06/2020
Skills Required : ability to Maintain high standards of hygiene
understand how to preparing the ingredients for a more senior chef
willing to deal with deliveries and stock rotation
some level of work experience within the field.
Future Prospects : Potential full time position on completion of the Apprenticeship
Things to consider : Please also attach a short cover letter explaining why you are interested in this apprenticeship role.
Due to current circumstances , the processing of your apprenticeship application may be delayed , as we will not be able to conduct any initial assessments at this time until further notice.
The map below shows the employer's location