Job Title : Property Maintenance Apprentice
Employer : Sheraton Grand London ( Marriott Hotel)
Location : Mayfair, London, W1J 7BX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Maintenance
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00650
Brief Description : Respond and attend to guest repair requests. Communicate with guests/customers to resolve maintenance issues.
Qualifications Required : GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent qualification)
Vacancy Detail : Display basic knowledge or ability to acquire knowledge in the following categories: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic/electronic systems and controls, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, vehicles, energy conservation, and/or general building. Perform all surface preparation, painting, minor drywall and wood trim repair, light bulb and A/C filter replacement and the complete and thorough clean-up of the painting or repair area.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; and properly store flammable materials. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Adhere to quality expectations and standards
Display basic proficiency in the following categories: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic/electronic systems and controls, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, vehicles, energy conservation, and/or general building.
Perform all surface preparation and painting, minor drywall and wood trim repair, light bulb and A/C filter replacement and the complete and thorough clean-up of the painting or repair area.
Accident Prevention and Safety
Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to promote a clean, safe, and secure environment.
Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
Install, Maintain, and Repair Items
• Carry all equipment (e.g., keys, phones, pager, tools, radio) in order to maintain preparedness to carry out work tasks at all times.
• Organize all painting and maintenance areas properly utilizing the appropriate methods and supplies.
Maintain Building and Property
• Clean all engineering areas as directed by Engineering Management.
• Observe energy and utilities usage in the hotel and on the grounds.
• Look for ways to conserve energy and report any ideas to the Engineering Management.
• Transmit information or documents using a computer.
• Create and maintain computer- and paper-based filing and organization systems for records, reports, documents, etc.
• Display basic computer skills including inputting air handler schedules and making temperature changes.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40 hours per week
Salary : £308.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 18/05/2020
Possible Start Date : 08/06/2020
Skills Required : Physical Tasks:
• Lift, carry, reach, bend, and climb ladders.
Future Prospects : possibility of long term employment after successful completion of this apprenticeship
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship Standard including End point assessment and Functional Skills in Maths and English
Things to consider : Due to current circumstances , the processing of your apprenticeship application may be delayed , as we will not be able to conduct any initial assessments at this time until further notice.
The map below shows the employer's location