Job Title : Property Maintenance Operative -Apprentice
Employer : Clarion Housing Group
Location : London, London, SE1 2DA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Maintenance
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00656
Brief Description : Clarion Housing Group is the largest housing association in the United Kingdom with 125,000 properties across more than 170 local authorities
Qualifications Required : GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent qualification)
Vacancy Detail : • The MTO will deliver effective and efficient services including:
o Ability to inspect, diagnose, specify and complete works to a high standard
o Strive to complete all works on the first visit, using all available resources and suppliers effectively to do so.
o Utilise the IT systems and equipment provided in the correct manner to allow the collection of accurate information related to the work carried out.
o Comply with all health and safety legislation and guidance in the execution of their duties.
o Deliver the highest standards of customer service in the execution of their day to day duties
o Develop knowledge of company and group IT operating systems.
o Gain knowledge of all internal operating policies and procedures.
o Build effective relationships with key stakeholders both internal and external, but in particular with their Area Manager and their area team.
Main purpose of job:
1. Adhere to all required processes and procedures in the execution of their work.
2. Complete work first time wherever possible.
3. Take a flexible approach to delivering work when the workload dictates or their Planner or Area Manager requires it.
4. On completion of work inspect quality and be satisfied before leaving the customer.
5. Meet appointments as agreed with tenants
6. Ensure the company vehicle is only used in accordance with the company vehicle policy.
7. Compliance with all company policy and procedures
8. Ensure the safe, effective use of tools and plant ensuring they are regularly maintained and serviced and Area Manager is notified of any loss or damage.
9. Specify and order specialist materials where required to complete task.
10. Understand and abide with the Health & Safety regulations and ensure all work practices are safe.
11. Carry out risk assessments, reporting bad practice and dangerous occurrences to Area Manager.
12. Present a positive image for Clarion Response, wearing corporate work wear whilst working.
Number of Positions Available : 10
Working Week : 39 hours per week
Salary : £205.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 11/05/2020
Possible Start Date : 25/05/2020
Skills Required : o Have extensive knowledge and experience of working within a social housing environment delivering repair, maintenance and construction services.
o Display excellent communication skills coupled with an aptitude for decision making and problem solving.
o Good interpersonal and communication s
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship Standard including End point assessment and Functional Skills in Maths and English
Things to consider : Please attach an updated version of your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this apprenticeship role.
Roles to cover all of London so open to residents anywhere.
Salary is dependent on age.
Due to current circumstances , the processing of your apprenticeship application may be delayed , as we will not be able to conduct any initial assessments at this time until further notice.
The map below shows the employer's location