Job Title : Painting and Decorating Apprentice
Employer : Top Dec Decorating Limited
Location : London, London, E15 2DA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Construction Building
Sector : Construction
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00658
Brief Description : The job will be carried out on a building site
Qualifications Required : Ideally we are looking for candidate for immediate start therefore, a CSCS card is essential.
Math and English GCSEs C/4 or above
Math and English functional skills level 1
Vacancy Detail : Duties include:
• Stripping off old wallpaper or paint
• Masking/sheeting up
• Filling holes and cracks and making sure surfaces are level
• Preparing surfaces by sanding down, priming, mist coat and undercoat.
• Applying layers of paint to different surfaces i.e. plasterboard, timber, metal and hanging wallpaper
• Apply different paint finishes such as Matt, Eggshell, Gloss, Satinwood etc.
• Tidying up after finishing a job
• For industrial projects, you might remove old before applying new coatings using industrial paint spraying equipment.
Number of Positions Available : 2
Working Week : 8:00am - 17:00
Salary : £200.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 04/05/2020
Possible Start Date : 18/05/2020
Personal Qualities : • Punctual
• Positive attitude to work and colleagues
• Practical ability and awareness of working safely
• Self-motivation and desire to learn
• Is both resilient and committed
• Good co-ordination skills
• Is always looking to improve
• Enjoys being a team player
Skills Required : Dedicated to working and learning
Training to be Provided : • Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating (Construction)
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Decorative Finishing and Industrial Painting Occupations (Construction)
• Functional Skills: English, and Maths Level 1
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
• Employer Rights and Responsibilities
Things to consider : Please attached an updated version of your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this apprenticeship role.
Please be aware that due to current circumstances , there will be a delay in the apprenticeship application process , This is because we will no longer be conducting initial assessments at the College until further notice.
The map below shows the employer's location