Job Title : Painting and Decorating Apprentice
Employer : Top Dec Decorating Limited
Location : London, SE20 7JA
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Construction Building
Sector : Construction
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00658
Brief Description : The job will be carried out on a building site
Qualifications Required : Ideally we are looking for candidate for immediate start therefore, a CSCS card is essential.
Math and English GCSEs C/4 or above
Math and English functional skills level 1
Vacancy Detail : We have 1 vacancy for an apprentices living at any of these Postcodes (E1, E2, E3, E4, E5, E6, E7,E8, E9, E10, E11, E12, E13, E14, E15, E16, E17 & E18).
We also have another vacancy for Harrow (HA0, HA1, HA2, HA3, HA4, HA5, HA6, HA7, HA7 & HA9).
• Stripping off old wallpaper or paint
• Masking/sheeting up
• Filling holes and cracks and making sure surfaces are level
• Preparing surfaces by sanding down, priming, mist coat and undercoat.
• Applying layers of paint to different surfaces i.e. plasterboard, timber, metal and hanging wallpaper
• Apply different paint finishes such as Matt, Eggshell, Gloss, Satinwood etc.
• Tidying up after finishing a job
• For industrial projects, you might remove old before applying new coatings using industrial paint spraying equipment.
Number of Positions Available : 2
Working Week : 8:00am - 17:00
Salary : £ 200.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 15/02/2021
Possible Start Date : 19/02/2021
Personal Qualities : • Punctual
• Positive attitude to work and colleagues
• Practical ability and awareness of working safely
• Self-motivation and desire to learn
• Is both resilient and committed
• Good co-ordination skills
• Is always looking to improve
• Enjoys being a team player
Skills Required : Dedicated to working and learning
Training to be Provided : • Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating (Construction)
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Decorative Finishing and Industrial Painting Occupations (Construction)
• Functional Skills: English, and Maths Level 1
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
• Employer Rights and Responsibilities
Things to consider : Please attached an updated version of your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this apprenticeship role.
The map below shows the employer's location