Job Title : Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering Apprenticeship
Employer : Thompsons UK Ltd
Location : CROYDON, London, CR9 0DE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Engineering
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00663
Brief Description : Your apprenticeship at Thompsons will allow you to be able to understand how to weld and fabricate a commercial vehicle body and how to fit the body onto a commercial vehicle.
Qualifications Required : • Ideally you will have achieved a grade 4 or 5 in Maths and English.
Vacancy Detail : Your main duties include:
• Welding and fabricating commercial vehicle bodies.
• Fabricating and fitting manufactured bodies onto the chassis.
• Fitting tipping gears, cranes, sub frames and hydraulic/pneumatic circuits onto commercial vehicles.
• Liaising and communicating effectively with all colleagues.
• Ensuring appropriate safety equipment is used and worn appropriately and all safe working practices are used at all times.
• Ensuring that all commercial vehicles are completed within time frames specified.
• Adherence to health and safety rules and regulations.
• Other duties as required.
Number of Positions Available : 3
Working Week : 8:00am to 5:00pm; Monday to Friday ; 40 hours per week
Salary : £200.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 10/08/2020
Possible Start Date : 24/08/2020
Personal Qualities : • Being able to work independently and part of a team.
• Excellent time keeping and attendance.
• Communicating with others.
• Work efficiently within a team and on an individual basis.
Skills Required : • Have a broad understanding of commercial vehicle manufacturing.
• Ability to work to reasonable and agreed timescales.
• Have a clear interest in becoming an engineer.
• Demonstrate an enthusiasm for the role.
• Work well under pressure and listen to instructions well.
Things to consider : Please attach an updated version of your CV and a Cover letter explaining why you are interested in this apprenticeship course
The map below shows the employer's location