Job Title : Events Assistant Apprentice
Employer : Think Events
Location : Caterham, London, CR3 5QX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Business
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00666
Brief Description : Think Events (London) Limited is looking for an events assistant to help with all aspects of organising and delivering a variety of events to include: Croydon Pride, Croydon Mela and Croydon Carnival
Qualifications Required : A-C in Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications)
Vacancy Detail : The assistant will be supporting the Conferences and Events Co-ordinator with a variety of tasks including:
• Administration of event bookings, contractor bookings, hotel bookings, access fund applications, site applications and other admin tasks.
• Production of conference and event materials.
• All event and venue logistics (delegate management, site management, stage management, volunteer management, health and safety, audio visual).
• Contacting and managing suppliers.
• Dealing with enquiries and directing them appropriately.
• Maintaining and expanding the exhibition lead database and processing exhibition bookings.
The events assistant would also offer support to the Managing Director in delivering fundraising events, including a property group for South London Chamber. Tasks to include:
• Implementing and overseeing all logistics.
• Securing (with the support of volunteers) live and silent auction prizes, prize draw prizes and goody bag items.
• Ensuring adequate promotion of the event and overseeing invitation processes.
• Overseeing design of event materials including tickets, programmes, menus, payment forms and display boards;
• Obtaining in-kind and cash sponsorship for key elements of the event and negotiating costs with suppliers, whilst working to a tight budget
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 9:00am - 5:00pm
Salary : £327.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 08/06/2020
Possible Start Date : 22/06/2020
Personal Qualities : In sympathy with the aims of treating everybody equally.
Dedicated to accuracy and delivery of tasks in a timely manner.
Skills Required : Extremely well-organized with keen attention to detail
Practical mind set
A quick and creative thinker who enjoys problem solving
Calm in fast-moving and sometimes stressful situations
Confident manner both in person and on phone
Personable and works well in a team
Strong IT Skills
Training to be Provided : This qualification is made up of:
City & Guilds Level 2 Dimploma in Customer Service Practitioner
Functional Skills in English Level 2
Functional Skills in Mathematics Level 2
Things to consider : Please ensure to attach an updated version of your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this apprenticeship field.
Due to current circumstances , the processing of your apprenticeship application may be delayed , as we will not be able to conduct any initial assessments at this time until further notice.
The map below shows the employer's location