Job Title : Apprentice Bricklayer
Employer : J&S Maintenance
Location : Croydon, London
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Construction Building - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Bricklaying
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00669
Brief Description : Apprentice Bricklayer - instruction and training will be given on all aspects.
Qualifications Required : GCSE A-C in English and Maths or equivalent
Vacancy Detail :
• All aspects of brickwork and masonry work will be undertaken, this includes;
• Removing and replacing face brickwork
• The rebuilding of garden walls including coping stones
• The rebuilding of garden brick piers
• The rebuilding of roof level parapet walls
• The rebuilding of various different sized chimney stacks
• Replacement of chimney pots and flaunching's
• All aspects of brickwork pointing including removing and replacing
We look forward to you joining our team!
Number of Positions Available : 2
Working Week : Monday to Friday , 35 hours per week
Salary : £175.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 06/07/2020
Possible Start Date : 20/07/2020
Skills Required : • Punctuality: Work starts at 8am and finishes at 4pm. A pick-up point can be arranged.
• Health and safety: you must understand health and safety in the workplace
• Teamwork: Must be able to work as part of a team, and take and follow instructions
Training to be Provided : This qualification is made up of:
• Level 2 NVQ in Trowel Occupations
• Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying
• Functional Skills in English at Level 1
• Functional Skills in Mathematics at Level 1
• Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Things to consider : PPE and tools will be provided but candidates will need their own steel toe boots
CSCS card needed
Driver preferred or transport can be arranged to and from site.
Due to current circumstances , the processing of your apprenticeship application may be delayed , as we will not be able to conduct any initial assessments at this time until further notice.
The map below shows the employer's location