Job Title : Apprentice Administrative Assistant
Employer : BEULAH JUNIOR SCHOOL
Location : THORNTON HEATH, London, CR7 8JF
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Business
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00682
Brief Description : Beulah Junior School is recruiting a Level 3 Apprentice Administrative Assistant to join our friendly team. This post requires an enthusiastic, flexible, confident individual with a customer focused approach and a commitment to the school’s vision.
Qualifications Required : GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent qualification)
Vacancy Detail : As an Administrative Assistant based in the main school office you will work alongside the administration team to carry out reception and general office duties. You will have an interest in working with a range of people, from office staff to teachers and premises team and must enjoy dealing with all kinds of visitors.
As you will be working in a school you will have a lot of contact with children and therefore must be of a kind and caring nature in order to deal with children effectively. You must have a willing attitude to undertake all sorts of office duties. First Aid training will be provided and SIMS which is the package used in the office.
Beulah Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunities employer. The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and a satisfactory reference.
Key roles and responsibilities
• Creating documents using Microsoft Office
• Filing and sending documents by email and post, transport paperwork and resources (including post and deliveries) within the school premises.
• Answer the telephone professionally and politely.
• Liaise with parents, students and staff regarding school-related enquiries.
• Contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school.
• Appreciate and support the work of other professionals.
• Attend and participate in relevant meetings.
• Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development.
• Comply with the policies and procedures relating to child protection, equality and diversity, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 35 hours per week ; 8:00am -4:00pm ;5 days a week – term time only, holidays to be taken during scho
Salary : £195.75 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 24/08/2020
Possible Start Date : 07/09/2020
Personal Qualities : • The ability to work on own initiative and part of a team.
• Interest in office administration.
• A good standard of personal presentation.
• Pro-active team player with a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Quick learner who works well under pressure.
• Ability to establish good working relationships with staff, pupils, parents and outside agencies.
Skills Required : • Other qualifications or experience would be desirable
• Ability to use ICT (i.e. email, Excel, Word etc.)
• Strong communication skills (verbally, face to face, on the phone and in writing)
• Good listening skills, ability to understand and use initiative to solve problems but knowing when to stop and ask.
• Minimum grade C English and maths GCSE
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship Standard including End point assessment and Functional Skills in Maths and English
Things to consider : Salary rising to £11,281 (£216.35 per week ) after 6 months’ probation.
Please ensure that you attach a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this apprenticeship.
Photographic identification and certificates of all relevant qualifications will need to be provided at the interview stage.
The map below shows the employer's location