Job Title : IT Technician Apprentice
Employer : Woodcote High School
Location : COULSDON, London, CR5 2EH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Business
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00702
Brief Description : Woodcote High School is on an exciting journey and is going to build on its strong history and is absolutely determined to become a remarkable school.
Qualifications Required : GSCE Maths, English and ICT (A – C or 4 - 9) or equivalent or be willing to work towards Functional Skills
Vacancy Detail : After receiving appropriate training and guidance)
• Install and maintain computer hardware, clients, laptops, audio/visual equipment and peripherals.
• Maintain an up to date inventory of ICT equipment, and ensure cleanliness of equipment.
• Assist with the expansion of the school network infrastructure including switches, cabling and wireless network equipment.
• Routine administration including, data backups, Active Directory maintenance.
• Software installation, maintenance and upgrading in line with the school development policy.
• Maintain up to date workstation images and deploying them where necessary.
• Administration and development of Internet, Intranet, Extranet, and E-mail systems, including learning platforms and the school website.
• To keep abreast of technological developments and encourage the use of ICT at all levels.
• To support staff and students with the use of ICT including preparation of booklets and online support, and assisting with inset training where appropriate.
• To support staff and students with the set-up and preparation of ICT equipment around the school.
• Report any detected breach of the school’s ICT acceptable use policy to the ICT Network Manager.
• To be aware of the school’s health and safety policy and to assist in carrying out the responsibilities detailed therein.
• Maintain stocks of spare parts and consumable items, including printer consumables.
• Oversight of ICT room bookings.
• In-class support where appropriate.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties assigned by the Headteacher.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday - Friday ; 37 hours per week
Salary : £185.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 23/11/2020
Possible Start Date : 07/12/2020
Skills Required : Work experience within an office environment.
Ability to use Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook or equivalent
Confidence and desire to develop ability to communicate with people at all levels
Effective verbal and listening communication skills
Desire to develop excellent customer focus skills
Desire to develop analytical and problem solving skills
Desire to develop decision making skills
The ability to work on own initiative or without supervision for short periods of time.
Developing the ability to work as part of a team
Developing good organisational skills
Developing the ability to work under pressure and be flexible where needed
Things to consider : Please attach an updated version of your CV
The map below shows the employer's location