Job Title : Administrator Apprentice
Employer : Croydon College
Location : Croydon, London, CR9 1DX
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Business
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00710
Brief Description : Over 8,000 students choose to study with us each year. We are one of the largest and most successful providers in the South East.
Qualifications Required : GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent qualification)
Vacancy Detail : Reception Duties
• Deliver a professional and approachable welcome to visitors.
• Sign visitors in, contact the host to collect the visitor. Ensure they are collected in a timely manner.
• Email ‘guest speakers’ in advance of scheduled event with our safeguarding policy.
• Assist students with enquiries.
• Print timetables when requested by students.
• Receive parcels, email staff member to collect, log delivery.
• Log College trips on to Health & Safety spreadsheet, lending of college mobiles to staff on trips.
• Signposting students, staff and visitors to area they require.
• First point of call for first-aid calls, and calls for security.
• Fire evacuation duties.
• Contact staff via walkie-talkies.
Answer all calls preferably within 3 rings. This is the college’s main switchboard and can take calls in the region of 100-300 per day.
Redirect calls to staff member/area required.
Update the Mitel system a on regular basis.
Take voicemail messages from the operators mailbox, redirect to relevant recipients.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday ; 9:00am to 5pm
Salary : £157.50 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 09/11/2020
Possible Start Date : 23/11/2020
Skills Required : Good telephone manner
strong communication skills
willingness to learn
Training to be Provided : Apprenticeship Standard including End point assessment and Functional Skills in Maths and English
Things to consider : please attached an updated version of your CV and a cover letter briefly explaining why you are interested in this apprenticeship role.
The map below shows the employer's location