Job Title : Trainee Site Engineer
Employer : P. Colohan & Co. Ltd
Location : Croydon, London, CR0 4QH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Higher Apprenticeship
Sector : Engineering
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00713
Brief Description : Reporting to the Site Engineers, the Trainee Site Engineer will be site based whom will work alongside the senior engineers to gain practical experience.
Qualifications Required : • 5 GCSEs Grades A-C (or equivalent) including English, Maths and Science;(essential)
• Level 3 qualification – preferably Construction related.
Vacancy Detail : The Trainee Site Engineer will be given the opportunity to study towards a Construction Apprenticeship with the potential to progress to a degree in a construction related subject.
You will be responsible for fulfilling the activities assigned (in whole or in part) by the Site Engineer in the appropriate process, including:
• Assisting with setting out, levelling, and surveying a construction site
• Working with site plans, drawings and building information models
• Monitoring quality control
• Monitoring health and safety
• Keeping a site diary
• Assisting to resolve technical problems
• Working in an office and on a construction site.
• Being proactive in the identification and resolution of problems in relation to the project to ensure successful completion to pre-determined plans.
• Maintaining good relationships with the client and his representatives.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday
Application Deadline Date : 07/12/2020
Possible Start Date : 21/12/2020
Personal Qualities : • Practical and logical qualities and a methodical way of thinking.
• a creative and innovative approach to problem-solving.
• Ability to work in a multi-functional and dynamic team environment.
• Enthusiasm to learn and develop.
• Always ensure you provide the best possible service.
• Ensure you give attention to detail and meet all deadlines set.
• Act in a way that always promotes trust in the construction industry.
• Act with integrity.
• Be honest and straightforward in all that you do.
• Treat everyone with courtesy, politeness, and respect.
• Take responsibility and be accountable for all your actions.
Skills Required : • Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages e.g. Excel, Word.
• Experience of working in a construction environment (desirable).
• Understanding of or keenness to work in the construction industry. (essential
• CSCS card (desirable)
Things to consider : may require a CSCS card.
Based on a project in Croydon to begin with, however, once this project finishes, you will be placed on another project within Surrey/ London.
Please attach an updated version of your CV and a cover letter
The map below shows the employer's location