Job Title : Digital Communications Apprentice / Junior Content Producer Level 3
Employer : Evolve Housing Support
Location : Croydon, London, CR9 3LQ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Sector : Information Technology
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00716
Brief Description : Are you looking for an exciting, hands-on digital communications role in a small, ambitious team? Do you want your work to have real impact?
Qualifications Required : Set by employer.
Minimum of Math and English GCSE 4/C or equivalent
• Personal commitment to the values, vision and behaviours of Evolve Housing + Support and culture of continuous service improvement.
• Commitment to quality, customer service, best practice and best value in all aspects of the organisation’s operations.
• Commitment to customer involvement, and ability to involve customers in all aspects of the running of the organisation and where appropriate, in the delivery of communications and fundraising.
• Commitment to continuing professional development.
• Evidenced commitment to equality and diversity.
Vacancy Detail : We are a leading London homelessness charity making a step change our digital communications to drive the development of our brand awareness and fundraising.
We’re looking for an excellent digital communicator with strong copywriting skills and design capabilities to help us drive our social media strategy, to increase our engagement and followings.
We offer a competitive benefits package, flexible working and place a strong emphasis on career development. You’ll initially be home based as our offices are currently either closed or have restricted use to protect colleagues and customers during the current pandemic. Longer term you will be based in our offices on Kingston Road, close to South Wimbledon tube station and a short walk from Wimbledon town centre and station. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about the importance of digital content and the process of planning, development and creation. Whilst working in our team you will be completing your apprenticeship supported by Croydon College and will spend 7.5 hours per week on these studies.
Evolve is a leading homelessness charity in London, providing housing and support to over 2,000 people each year. Our aim is to help children, young people and adults who are homeless or at risk of homelessness to become independent and resilient. We believe in building on people’s strengths, aspirations and goals to help them break the cycle of homelessness.
To work with the Senior Communications Officer and Head of Business Development, to:
› Deliver our digital strategy and social media strategy in order to raise our profile and levels of engagement on social media and online.
› Monitor and analyse trends, to inform the delivery of our communications and fundraising strategies.
› Assist with the digital functions of our internal communications strategy.
Social media, to:
› Design, schedule and post engaging content for all channels using videos, photos and infographics, to drive social engagement, brand awareness, support campaigns and fundraising activities, and represent the range of our services.
› Ensure weekly social media posts are scheduled in a timely manner, reviewing messaging, and tone of voice, language and assets with our Senior Communications Officer.
› Proactively engage with a variety of audiences across social media channels, responding timely to comments and posts, and contributing to relevant conversations.
› Support delivery of digital elements of campaigns, including paid-for advertising.
› Report regularly on our digital performance across the website and social media.
› Manage social media for and at Evolve events, using content to engage with audiences.
› Keep abreast of effective marketing strategies, ensuring we make full use of emerging technology/approaches/tools within social media.
› Create engaging content for the website, uploading new stories and blogs; ensure pages and information are regularly reviewed and updated, and consent for photos and stories are up to date.
› Support with the management of our intranet (Click) and support colleagues with technical issues and uploading content.
Publications and marketing, to:
› Create design elements and digital assets for projects including our Annual Report and other pieces of research, reports and materials internally and externally, ensuring consistency with online and print assets and messages.
› Support colleagues with design and editing our internal customer newsletters, booklets, printed materials and branded publications.
› As a team, provide support for internal, external, stakeholder and fundraising events, and on the day support in the delivery of events.
› Build relationships with colleagues in services to find suitable content for publication.
› Research and condense news articles related to supported housing and homelessness in London each morning, sending it to the wider communications team for the purpose of keeping the department up-to-date with the sector.
› Alongside the Senior Communications Officer, be a brand guardian, ensuring internal and external communications are professional standard, consistent with Evolve’s behaviours and brand, in compliance with policies and procedures, and recognised good practice, ensuring colleagues know how to use the brand effectively and appropriately, in accordance with our brand guidelines.
The postholder will be required to:
› Occasionally carry out any other duties as directed by the Fundraising and Communications Manager, Head of Business Development, Director of Business Development, Chief Executive or Board.
› Act in accordance with the aims of Evolve Housing + Support and promote and implement our Equal Opportunities Policy and other polices adopted by the Board.
› Follow our policies and procedures, with particular attention to health and safety, equality and diversity and customer service excellence.
› Further your development and knowledge you will be expected to attend training as necessary including successful completion of your apprenticeship and the modules within this
This job description provides an indication of the roles and responsibilities, but should not be construed as an exclusive list of the duties that the post holder may be asked to undertake. Evolve reserves the right to amend this role profile as necessary, after consultation with the postholder, to reflect changes in or to the role.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 37.5 hours per week
Salary : £317.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 30/11/2020
Possible Start Date : 14/12/2020
Personal Qualities : • Understand the relevance of different digital platforms to engage with different audiences.
• Understand relationship management and the importance of consistency in message to engage different audiences.
• Dynamic and energetic personality with a high degree of personal drive, able to manage both proactive and reactive communications work.
• Supports and co-operates fully with colleagues to meet current and future business needs and to promote collaboration.
• Confident, independent and effective team worker, with ability to take own initiative.
• Integrity and honesty, inspiring confidence and openness.
• Resilient, able to handle conflict and remain calm under pressure.
• Flexible approach to work, including willingness to work outside normal office hours as required.
• Target focused and driven.
Skills Required : • Confident and effective use for social media and email. Copyrighting or website experience would be beneficial.
• Desirable experience of effectively using various digital platforms and emerging technologies for awareness raising and/or income generation.
• An Interest in creating designs and infographics.
• Creative and resourceful- has great ideas and can implement them in the context of limited resources.
• Ability to write engaging content, stories and messaging for a variety of stakeholders.
• Excellent copy writing and proof reading skills.
• Excellent communicator with good presentation skills.
• Able to develop messaging relevant for influencing different audiences.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with customers and colleagues at all levels of the organisation.
• Proficient use of Word, Excel, Photoshop/Canva or other design applications
• Capable of delivering results to tight deadlines and under pressure.
Training to be Provided : "
Things to consider : South Wimbledon and various offices in South London
Please attached an updated version of your CV and cover letter
The map below shows the employer's location