Job Title : Trainee Quantity Surveyor
Employer : P. Colohan & Co. Ltd
Location : Croydon, CR0 4QH
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Higher Apprenticeship
Sector : Construction
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00729
Brief Description : Reporting and assisting the commercial team, the Trainee quantity surveyor will be office based, who will work alongside our commercial team to gain practical experience.
Qualifications Required : • 5 GCSEs Grades A-C (or equivalent) including English, Maths and Science;(essential)
• Level 3 qualification – Construction related
• CSCS card (desirable )
* Must be living in the Croydon Borough due to section 106
Vacancy Detail : The Trainee quantity surveyor will be given the opportunity to study towards a Construction Apprenticeship with the potential to progress to a degree in a construction related subject.
You will be responsible for fulfilling the activities assigned (in whole or in part) by the Senior quantity surveyor in the appropriate process, including:
• Liaising with clients to identify their needs
• Estimating quantities, costs and time scales for material and labour
• Preparing tender and contract documents
• Identifying and weighing up commercial risks
• Assigning work to subcontractors
• Valuing completed work, managing budgets, and overseeing payments
• Ensuring projects meet legal and quality standards
• Ensuring that clients get value for their money
• Submitting regular budget reports
• Following building regulations and health and safety
• Working in an office or on a construction site.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday to Friday
Salary : £ 423.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 01/03/2021
Possible Start Date : 08/03/2021
Personal Qualities : • Strong maths knowledge
• Excellent attention to detail
• Analytical thinking skills
• Practical and logical qualities and a methodical way of thinking.
• Ability to work in a multi-functional and dynamic team environment.
• Enthusiasm to learn and develop.
• Always ensure you provide the best possible service.
• Ensure you give attention to detail and meet all deadlines set.
• Act in a way that always promotes trust in the construction industry.
• Act with integrity.
• Be honest and straightforward in all that you do.
• Treat everyone with courtesy, politeness, and respect.
• Take responsibility and be accountable for all your actions.
Skills Required : • Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages e.g. Excel, Word.
• Experience of working in a construction environment
• Understanding of or keenness to work in the construction industry.
Things to consider : Please attach an updated version of your CV and attach a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this apprenticeship role.
The map below shows the employer's location