Job Title : Engineering - Apprentice
Employer : The Thompson Group
Location : CR9 0DE
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Engineering
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00754
Brief Description : You are responsible for and are required to complete your fitting duties in line with set production targets.
Qualifications Required : Must have Math and English GCSEs C/4 or above
Vacancy Detail : • Assembling and fitting out Commercial Vehicles of all types.
• Specifically, fitting sub frames, tipping gear, loader cranes, hydraulic & pneumatic circuits.
• Duties to include the use of hand tools, pistol drills, riveters, MIG welders, and Oxy - Acetylene torches.
• Must be able to read commercial vehicle drawings and measure accurately.
• Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures.
• Adherence to health and safety rules and regulations.
• Other duties as required.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : Monday ro Friday
Salary : £ 200.00 (Weekly)
Application Deadline Date : 10/05/2021
Possible Start Date : 17/05/2021
Personal Qualities : willingness to learn
Skills Required : • Knowledge of commercial vehicles, ideally tipper trucks.
• Ability to fit sub frames, tipping gears, loader cranes and hydraulic & pneumatic circuits.
• Ability to MIG weld.
Other Information : - Occasionally required to use personal protective equipment (ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toe shoes) in designated areas.
- Office based.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk or listen and to reach with hands and arms and stoop or kneel.
The map below shows the employer's location