Job Title : Heating and Ventilation Apprentice
Employer : Trinity School
Location : CR9 7AT
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship : Building services engineering installer
Sector : Heating and Ventilation
Vacancy Reference : VAC-00766
Brief Description : To learn how to operate, maintain all mechanical services at Trinity school under the correct supervision, alongside the Maintenance Team and Support Staff as required. Building Services Engineering Installer level 2
Qualifications Required : •5, A* - C GCSEs or equivalent an advantage
•City & Guilds 6189 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing & Heating Level 2 an advantage
Vacancy Detail : JOB BACKGROUND:
• Learn to maintain the plumbing and drainage services throughout the School and its associated properties. To modify, maintain or adapt plumbing and drainage services including sanitary ware, responding to requests for attention or assistance promptly.
• Learn to operate and control the heating, air handling and air conditioning plant and equipment throughout the School and its associated properties.
• Learn to operate and maintain the swimming pool plant and equipment, with reference to maintaining good water quality with regular, consistent, and accurate water testing and chemical dosing together with best practice in pool management. To maintain accurate written records of all testing results and water temperatures.
• Learn to service and supply all salt requirements for water softeners around the School site.
• Learn to liaise with external contractors where necessary.
• Learn to liaise with external contractors and consultants in maintaining the quality of water throughout the School and its associated properties and to ensure that best practice is followed in maintaining the hygienic and wholesome condition of shower equipment and water storage.
• To maintain accurate written records of all testing results and water temperatures for a cross-site sampling and chlorination procedures.
• Learn to maintain a good regard for energy and water environmental conservation ensuring that plant is operated efficiently to adequately meet the needs of the users of the School.
• Learn general light metal work fabrication or engineering services to the School as required involving welding, soldering, or brazing.
• Learn to maintain the Boiler Room, Pool Plant Room and all other plant rooms in a clean and tidy condition and maintaining all supplementary equipment in good order and state of readiness for use without notice.
• Ensure all tasks are carried out in accordance with the School’s Health and Safety Policy.
• Be part of a busy Maintenance team and carry out other duties where required.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Ensure all jobs are scheduled in correctly to assist with coordinating daily job rotas.
•Assist with all boiler installations, plumbing and property maintenance work.
•Carry out maintenance work as required and unsupervised according to ability.
•Flexible availability to suit weekend and evening work as required.
•Undertake any other related responsibilities commensurate with the evolving objectives of the post and the evolution of Trinity School, as may reasonably be requested.
•Ensure the effective implementation of and adherence to Trinity School’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT:
•Participate in the Trinity School Appraisal process, and agree short, medium and long term goals with line manager.
•Share best practice and achievements.
•Contribute to the learning of others across the organisation by sharing knowledge and skills both informally and formally.
Number of Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 8:30/9:00am - 5:00/5:30pm : working hours
Salary : £ 12,000.00 (Annually)
Application Deadline Date : 09/08/2021
Possible Start Date : 16/08/2021
Personal Qualities : Competencies
•Confidence and ability to communicate clearly, friendly and professionally with a range of clients, including non-native English speakers.
• Ability to work flexibly within a team environment.
•Calm, flexible and enthusiastic approach.
•Commitment to ensuring Health and Safety in the workplace.
•Commitment to equal opportunities in all work practices
Skills Required : Experience in plumbing or building maintenance with a desire to improve on the job.
Other Information : Please be aware that if you currently do not hold an ICT qualification you will be expected to complete Functional skills Level 1 ICT along-side the apprenticeship course.
The map below shows the employer's location